- Presented Deformable Synthesis Model at Face and Gesture in Lille, France.
- Presented VR-based Sign Language Recognition work at CHI in Glasgow, Scotland.
- Paper accepted to CHI Late Breaking work 2019. Paper can be found under publications.
- Paper accepted to Workshop on Empathy Modeling in Real-World Scenarios: Lessons Learned From the OMG-Empathy Challenge at Face and Gesture 2019. Paper can be found under publications.
- Paper accepted to Face and Gesture 2019 on our Deformable Synthesis Model for Emotion Recognition. Paper can be found under publications.
- Astha Sharma successfully defends her thesis on "Emotion Recognition using Deep Learning with Physiological Data" (flyer).
- Presented work on 3D Facial Expression Recognition at ICIP 2018 in Athens, Greece.
- Co-organizer of 1st Workshop on Ubiquitous Emotion Recognition using Multimodal Mobile Interfaces at UbiComp 2018 (UERMMI).
- Presented work on emotion recognition with physiological signals at the Army Science & Technology Symposium, in Washington, D.C.
- Awarded Titan Xp GPU from NVIDIA GPU Grant Program.
- Awarded cloud credits from GCP Research Credit Program.
- Co-PI of Improvement of Computing and Storage Capabilities of the GAIVI Cluster at the College of Engineering, University of South Florida Equipment Acquisition and Improvement Grant.
- Paper "Spontaneous and Non-Spontaneous 3D Facial Expression Recognition Using a Statistical Model with Global and Local Constraints" accepted to ICIP 2018. Paper can be found under Publications.
- Undergraduate student Jacob Schioppo presenting his research on Virtual Sign Language Recognition at USF Undergraduate Research Conference
- Awarded AWS Machine Learning Research Award for Analyzing Human Emotions