Department Admission Procedures
The admission requirements are outlined in the USF Undergraduate catalog. Information on this page does not supercede the catalog; rather, it is presented to condense the catalog requirements. The catalog is the definitive source for admission requirements.
To be admitted to the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, a student must:
- Be admitted to the College of Engineering (see the Engineering Advising Office - ENC 1302 for appropriate application forms)
- Have completed Calculus I & II, Physics I & II (with lab), and English I & II, with a grade of C or better, and have a GPA in these courses of 3.0, BEST ATTEMPT.
- Have completed COP 2510, or equivalent, with a grade of C or better (C- is not acceptable).
- Complete a Department Application form in Engineering Advising.
To be admitted to one of the degree programs in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, a student must:
- Be admitted to the department
- Complete the GATE courses: Program Design (COP 3514) and Computer Organization (CDA 3103) with a minimum grade of B (B- is not acceptable).
- Submit a request to the Undergraduate Program Assistant indicating desired degree track (Computer Science or Computer Engineering).
Department Application Procedure
You must apply for Departmental admission through Engineering advising.
Change of degree track can be done by sending an e-mail indicating desired degree tracks and student ID to firstname.lastname@example.org.